Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Why I Refuse To Participate In The Ice Bucket Challenge

   I am in no way saying that I do not support the efforts to raise money for ALS. I think the ice bucket challenge is very creative way to get people to donate-nothing is more appealing than making all your friends dump cold water on themselves. A lot of money has been raised, and that's really an incredible thing.
   My problem with this ice bucket challenge is that it's wasteful. Donating the money is amazing, but you are wasting a whole bucket of cold, clean water on yourself. There are so many people in this world that don't even have a bucket of clean water for their family to drink. So I respect the goal of this challenge, but instead of dumping an entire bucket of water on myself because it sounds fun, I am going to donate to ALS, and I'm also going to make a donation towards giving clean water to a family in need. Take a second to think about the effects of what you're doing before you do it.

   You can donate clean water to a family in need here: http://www.compassion.com/catalog/goc-category-water.htm
You can donate to ALS here: http://www.alsa.org/donate/

No comments:

Post a Comment